BLK Blvd is a fashion hub for Black creatives who aim to create apparel that speaks to Black culture, art, music, and social justice through visual, cultural expression. All is well, Black, and excellent on BLK Blvd.
- I researched, designed, and implemented technical specifications based on the mockup.
- I prepared and maintained the transferable code. Ensuring all the steps, performance tests, quality-control tests, and reusable codes are well maintained for easy scaling.
- Extended the functionality of WooCommerce to support custom design.
- I leveraged the latest Gutenberg editor capabilities to create scalable WordPress editing experiences
- I developed custom menus so that content managers can control the navigation as they please.
- I wrote logic to automatically crop images and format text on the front-end as content managers populate content.
- Manage code base in private Git repository.
- UX Design
I wanted to design and develop a platform that was easy to use and translated nicely across whatever device that the end user would be accessing the website form. With the help of WordPress, prihtful, and woocommerce, I was able to create a custom theme that would bring this vision to life. No template hustling was involved.